Studio New, Phase 3: 2nd and wainscoat

Took off Monday (my 31st birthday) to push forward on getting the studio painted. I managed, from about 9:15 to 4:30, to get a second coat on the ceiling and walls, and a nice light dove grey on the wainscoating (really just a chair rail, but I painted it as if it was a wainscoating).

Check out the beautiful texture of the side-lit wall in the second photo...in my estimation, drywall doesn't have anything on plaster as far as sensuousness; I really like the look of plaster walls (most of the time). This photo also shows the windows before I removed the painter's tape.

The next step is to vacuum the floor, mop it if it needs it, and then put down a coat or two of battleship grey floor paint...then I'll be ready to move in. These are all the same colors I have in the current studio, and I really came to like them. Here is the photographic evidence:








Anonymous –   – (Wednesday, 29 August, 2007)  

Happy belated birthday! The studio looks like it's coming along nicely.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails