Recent drawings

Recently, I've done two things to try and breathe some new inspiration into my studio times: I've begun going in on Monday evenings, 5:30 – 10:00, in addition to Wednesday and Friday mornings, 6:00 – 8:40, and I've returned to doing some drawings. Both have been influential in energizing me and my work; I feel like my studio times are much less disjointed because of the schedule change, and I like the direction the drawings are going. I thought I'd share some of them with you...as usual, my drawings are a wet media; this time, ink on paper, sometimes with gesso. Occasionally I "cut n' paste" scraps of paper to "erase" certain parts. (The blue is plastic I'm working on):






The images are related to quilting patterns my mother uses, and to some sketches that I did a while back...other than that, I'm not sure what the genesis of these are, or how they fit in with the rest of my work. I do know they are a lot of fun. And not much is more important than that.


Douglas Witmer  – (Friday, 26 January, 2007)  

I immediately think entrails...as drawn by Keith Haring :) Entrails...guts...the core...keep thinking about it. There's something to offer.

Good to hear about your studio regimen. I've been meaning to ask, now that you've moved "upstate."

Also, check your e-mail and call me.

Vicki @ PTA  – (Monday, 29 January, 2007)  

That's what I said – Keith Haring and intestines!!! : )

the fourth samba  – (Tuesday, 30 January, 2007)  

Tim, as I said it last night, these are pretty exciting, especially the one in your studio (the flowerlike joint). Is there any connections with these and the Brice Marden show?!
The middle one (black white and grayish one) on the stage is curiously inviting, mainly because from far is looks as though the lighter part is completely painted white but as you approach it's much more tactile than that.
This is a beautiful move!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails