Artist of the fortnight: Tim McFarlane

Greetings, and happy new year; I'm finally back to a normal schedule. Took a hiatus from computers for about a week; it was very nice. But now, I'd like to present you with the painting with which I've been enamored for the past few weeks. Consider this a brief return of the Artist of the Fortnight series.

Tim McFarlane's All that Could Be: (thanks to Rubens for the larger image tip)...



Read some of Artblog's comments on it, and the exhibit it was part of, here: http://fallonandrosof.blogspot.com/2006/12/weekly-update-2-red-show.html

Coming up this year: images of some new work; some thoughts on exhibits; some theological essays; who knows? Stay tuned...


-  – (Thursday, 04 January, 2007)  

I really like Tim's work a lot. I got to go to an open studio of his a couple of months ago. Really nice guy.

the fourth samba  – (Thursday, 04 January, 2007)  

Tim, I found a bigger picture here:
http://www.mayerartconsultants.com/artistimages/art_mcfarlane1.jpg

This one, not all of his work, reminds me of Terry Winters gone Guston a bit. This one is pretty nice!

GIERSCHICK  – (Friday, 05 January, 2007)  

Right on, Rubes! Totally Guston pinks. This painting feels "looser" than some of Tim's other work, I think.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails