Summer in the Studio

Not much commentary folks, but here's a few pictures of what I've been working on at the studio this summer so far...

This painting is just about finished; the lighting is really poor, but it's on a light, "strawberry mousse" pink. (There are some filled holes in the panel which have not yet been painted in.) I'm working on starting another panel using these shapes.


And this painting was finished several weeks ago; the title is Pod.


With this one, not quite sure where it's going, but I like the color balance so far.


Additionally, I've really been itching to do some more drawings, so I restarted my protracted series on flattened Chinese takeout boxes (the first one is titled Liberty [ink on gessoed cardboard, drawn with bamboo pen], and the second Witnesses [pencil on gessoed cardboard]).



Anonymous –   – (Wednesday, 30 July, 2008)  

We (Emmie and I) love the first one. She said, "pink, my favorite color!" Just wanted to let you know we like what we are seeing.

JAM  – (Wednesday, 30 July, 2008)  

I like the first one. It reminds me of trees, and lollipops, and ping pong paddles.

The second one looks unsettlingly reminiscent of molars.

I also enjoy the shapes of flattened french fry boxes.

Good work.

Anonymous –   – (Wednesday, 30 July, 2008)  

NICE! I like. Hey. We need to talk trade. I just thought that you are a significant gap in our little collection.........
D

Unknown  – (Friday, 01 August, 2008)  

Hey Tim, very cool stuff you're working on :) I especially like the ones made out of Chinese food boxes - I always think it's so neat to create art out of ordinary objects, especially those which would normally be considered trash.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails