Jesus? Is that you?

(from http://waynestead.com/Jesus%20Portraits.html)

Yes, it is I; doing my best to be a faithful imitator of Jesus.
Actually, I'm wearing a wig and beard, marketed at Bible bookstores as a genuine Jesus-getup, by invitation of a great young Brooklyn artist (i.e., my age) named Wayne Adams. We met at the CIVA (Christians in the Visual Arts) conference in June, at Messiah (appropriately enough).
Vicki thought it looks like I'm eating the beard. I certainly was smelling it, and it wasn't great. (It also looks like I might have a raucous belly laugh.)
But this was a lot of fun, and Adams has a bunch of portraits in this series - see his website for the rest, along with some situationals that are FUNNY (and which may leave you feeling slightly, but vaguely guilty, for thinking they are funny).

Vicki @ PTA  – (Wednesday, 23 January, 2008)  

Yeah... I just really don't know what's going on there...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails