Haiku

Photo/Image provided courtesy of the Naval Research Laboratory

I am back, but not fully; it's been a busy time. This past weekend I was in Pittsburgh, at the CCO (Coalition for Christian Outreach) conference, as artist-in-residence, sharing with college students about my art, philosophy, faith and practice. I attended the Jubilee conference in 1999 as a student at Messiah, and loved it; it is still a wonderful conference, seeking to encourage students to allow their faith and belief to permeate all of whatever career path they take. Thanks to Yvonne Boudreaux for the invitation.

So, I will share more about that once I get my things together; for now though, I have a haiku I wrote while at my studio this morning. Perhaps you'll enjoy it:


Yhwh

Like the early sun,
We see your edges clearer
through the clouds.

the fourth samba  – (Friday, 23 February, 2007)  

That's what's up Tim. My brother was in CCO and always raved about Jubilee.
Real cool that you got to speak, wish I'd gone.

I haven't been at the studios on mondays for the last couple of weeks. Been wanting to catch up with you a bit over there.

GIERSCHICK  – (Friday, 23 February, 2007)  

Hey...I haven't been in Mondays for a week or two either, so you haven't missed me. I'll be there this coming Monday...and possibly this Saturday. PEACE.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails